Try this delicious velvety chocolate cake that takes minutes to mix…
Chocolate Velvet Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Write a review
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup extra light olive oill, extra
- ½ cup strong black espresso coffee
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ cup ground almonds or desiccated coconut
- dark cocoa, for dusting
- raspberries, cherries or strawberries, for garnish
- To make ganache, melt chocolate and extra light olive oil together in a microwave on medium for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally or in a double boiler on the stovetop. Allow to cool at room temperature until slightly thickened (approximately 1 hour).
- To make the cake, beat eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer until very thick and fluffy
- (approximately 8-10 minutes). Combine cocoa, extra olive oil and coffee together and mix into cake mixture on slow speed. Sift flour and almonds onto surface and gently fold in. Pour into a buttered and lined 25cm cake tin and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Ice with chocolate ganache, dust with cocoa and garnish with raspberries.
- • Add ½ cup chopped pitted prunes soaked in port to the cake mixture for variety.
- • Cake can be made ahead and frozen for up to one month.