It’s Friday and you can almost hear the collective sigh of relief!
Friday night is relaxed and easy going and to keep it that way, knock up a gourmet pizza at home using a store bought pizza base and go to town with the toppings.
Greek Lamb and Fetta Pizzas
Write a review
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 400g lamb backstraps or fillets
- 3 large pizza bases
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato cooking sauce
- 200g fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pitted black kalamata olives
- 100g baby spinach
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shake lemon juice, oil and oregano together in a jar. Marinate the lamb in half the lemon dressing for at least 15 minutes. Place pizza bases on oven trays and top with tomato sauce, half the crumbled fetta and olives and bake at 220°C for 10-15 minutes. Chargrill lamb until cooked to your liking and rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Toss spinach with a little dressing to moisten. Top hot pizzas with spinach, sliced lamb and remaining fetta. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
- • Lamb can be cooked ahead of time, sliced and added to pizza in the oven in the last 5 minutes of cooking time to heat through.
- • Reserve a little fetta and extra oregano to sprinkle on top of pizzas as a garnish if desired.
- • Spinach may be substituted with rocket.
- Photography by Louis Petruccelli